President Barack Obama is the grandson of a World War II veteran.
The President’s love for his grandfather and respect for his grandfather’s service translates to his own role as Commander in Chief through his many actions on behalf of ALL the nation’s veterans and fallen soldiers:
- Ended media blackout on war casualities and the return of fallen soldiers to Dover AFB.
- Modernized the way health care is delivered and benefits are administered for our nation’s veterans.
- Inspired over 2,000 American companies to hire or train 125,000 veterans and military spouses in the past year through Joining Forces. This effort, combined with policies and legislation put in place by the President, have resulted in a 20 percent decrease in veteran unemployment compared to the same time last year.
- Signed the Veterans Skills to Jobs Act on July 12, 2012. This legislation will make it easier for veterans to put their skills to work and complements the new partnership launched by the Obama Administration that will make it easier for manufacturing companies to hire thousands of returning servicemembers who have the skills our country needs.
- Announced new measures major mortgage servicers will be taking to provide significant relief to thousands of servicemembers and veterans.
- Created a Veterans Job Bank: The Veterans Job Bank, at National Resource Directory, is an easy to use tool to help veterans find job postings from companies looking to hire them.
- by Laura